Skip to main content

Penryn 800



PENRYN DESIGNS 

As art director, I'm putting together a rabble of Penryn folk to interact with Peter Mundy in our upcoming animation celebrating 800 years of Penryn! Designing these characters is proving interesting as it seems 17th century clothing is moderately undocumented. There's been a little bit of dreaded guess-work on my part. 
In these initial stages I've tried to encompass my own interpretation of the feel of cornish port-dwellers. Also I want to stop drawing women in dresses all the time. There's a lot to experiment with and consider at the moment- and you betcha' I'll update the blog as the process carries on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spider concept art

This is the finished piece, I made the clock greener for a more realistic dusty light. Shadows in the rest of the clock draw more attention to the slice of light peaking out of the crack.  Also, it further defines the differences of what Spider is used to (dark) and what he isn't. (light of day)

life drawing

i like the way i drew the life model's legs here.. potentially showing progress in getting to grips with emphasised yet anatomically correct body parts.

sketchbook work continues