Skip to main content

Background proj.



Backgrounds:

I decided to base one of my final painted backgrounds on a storyboard I jotted down a few weeks ago set in a remote fantasy land. My photoshop skills have definitely improved since the beginning! I got the hang of creating shadow and a sense of mass, ultimately I went a bit mad on the smudge tool but I'm sure I'll get bored of it soon. 

When it came to colouring I wasn't sure which angle to take - the tones in the top picture are what you'd expect a fantasy land of this nature to look like, but that bugged me. I didn't want to fall into the trap of the obvious! Below shows the changes I made, the scene seems a lot grittier and the mushroom house roof has become a lot more prominent. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spider concept art

This is the finished piece, I made the clock greener for a more realistic dusty light. Shadows in the rest of the clock draw more attention to the slice of light peaking out of the crack.  Also, it further defines the differences of what Spider is used to (dark) and what he isn't. (light of day)

life drawing

i like the way i drew the life model's legs here.. potentially showing progress in getting to grips with emphasised yet anatomically correct body parts.

sketchbook work continues