Skip to main content

Penryn 800

(^Peter Mundy's drawing of a Samoyed he saw)


Samoyed character redesign:

On the right hand side you'll see my first attempt at a Samoyed character. I'm not too sure what I was thinking at the time, but sleep deprivation is probably to blame. The general feedback was that he didn't look like he was covered in fur or was warm at all, and I completely agree. Compared to my other two minor characters he just didn't fill the role enough.

Using his basic figure as a frame to redesign, I made his beard subtler, his clothes fluffier, and most importantly, his colour scheme warmer. Samoyed people dress colourfully, can't be sure how I managed to overlook that at the beginning! He's probably feeling a lot more confident with his new appearance, I know I am.








For the record, here are the final secondary characters:







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spider concept art

This is the finished piece, I made the clock greener for a more realistic dusty light. Shadows in the rest of the clock draw more attention to the slice of light peaking out of the crack.  Also, it further defines the differences of what Spider is used to (dark) and what he isn't. (light of day)

life drawing

i like the way i drew the life model's legs here.. potentially showing progress in getting to grips with emphasised yet anatomically correct body parts.

sketchbook work continues