Skip to main content

More character designs and MORE DANCE



2nd character design:

Okay, I wasn't sure who to pair up with my showgirl. At first I thought, two! Two showgirls is the way forward. Then I thought that might seem like a cop-out because they'd basically have the same body. Also it's exciting but it's not AS exciting as I'd like.

I then thought a young girl would be a good idea as the showgirl would beckon her on stage and they would dance together, the young girl would be doing the same moves as the showgirl but much clumsier, sleeves over her hands, teddybear in her arms etc etc. So I start doodling cute freckled little ladies, and realise that the idea of two girls dancing STILL might not be as exciting as I want. 
After an intense google-image session I found an image of a young boy dressed in vintage clothes standing next to a dog. 

Immediately I realised this was my chance to introduce an unsuspecting character. 
Storyboards to come.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spider concept art

This is the finished piece, I made the clock greener for a more realistic dusty light. Shadows in the rest of the clock draw more attention to the slice of light peaking out of the crack.  Also, it further defines the differences of what Spider is used to (dark) and what he isn't. (light of day)

life drawing

i like the way i drew the life model's legs here.. potentially showing progress in getting to grips with emphasised yet anatomically correct body parts.

sketchbook work continues