Skip to main content

Getting in touch with DANCE


Dance!

I'm going to be honest- moving around gracefully is not my strong point. However, my initial fear of this task has faded and now I'm fascinated! After meeting up with a wonderful dancer, I've started to think about the choreography between my two animated characters. 

A lot of the work I've done so far has been rushed and not anywhere near the standard I know I can do. (thanks time management, thanks a bunch) Alas as this will be the final piece of work on my showreel I reckon it's about time I did this task the amount of justice it deserves. 

I'm drawing inspiration from Glen Keane, not sure if you've heard of him. 
The way he accentuates limbs and defines muscles not only looks gorgeous, but also adds to the realism in the animation as you see all these parts of the body rotating and being put to use. Some of my favourite examples are below:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spider concept art

This is the finished piece, I made the clock greener for a more realistic dusty light. Shadows in the rest of the clock draw more attention to the slice of light peaking out of the crack.  Also, it further defines the differences of what Spider is used to (dark) and what he isn't. (light of day)

life drawing

i like the way i drew the life model's legs here.. potentially showing progress in getting to grips with emphasised yet anatomically correct body parts.

sketchbook work continues