Skip to main content

Sketching away:


Sketching away: with much tea

I've begun applying life drawing techniques to my doodles. It's giving them recognisable humanoid legitimacy! I'm loving the spontaneity of it all, as sketchy time is full of un-planned hand/mind combinations resulting in unique drawings that wouldn't have happened at any other time.
There's something special in that I reckon.

The girl above is an A4 portrait drawing (ish) which to be honest is faairly unheard of for me. I rarely fill a page! Began with the nose and the rest followed. As I type this, I realise many times when I draw, I'll start drawing a man and it will somehow become a woman. Perhaps it's a habit of mine to add features, (hair, earrings, eye lashes, necklaces, tops etc) to expand doodles. Thinking about it, these are all features that break out of the pencil line of my drawings of dudes. 

If I could find my rubber I'd move that eyebrow slightly to the left. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spider concept art

This is the finished piece, I made the clock greener for a more realistic dusty light. Shadows in the rest of the clock draw more attention to the slice of light peaking out of the crack.  Also, it further defines the differences of what Spider is used to (dark) and what he isn't. (light of day)

life drawing

i like the way i drew the life model's legs here.. potentially showing progress in getting to grips with emphasised yet anatomically correct body parts.

sketchbook work continues