Skip to main content

Scribble time:


Glen.
A4, drawn with a pencil I found on the bus. 

   I began by drawing a huge nose and consciously decided to fiddle around with the normal placements of facial features. His ears are small and in line with his mouth; His eyes are wide apart and slightly rotund, yet still around halfway in the middle of the head; and his eye brows take the shape of clear lines, almost looking paved or carved into his face. 

   Drawing bodies in proportion has always been a grey area. Call me mad but it's pretty exciting to think I have so much work to do to refine this, I'd love to become more confident in drawing full figures, as I reckon it's a weakness of mine.

   Glen is a cover teacher. He used to be a food critique, but one of his reviews caused the closing down of a restaurant owned by a guy called Dudley. Glen put him of work, leaving him homeless. But, feeling bad, promised to let Dud stay over in his house for a few nights. 10 years later and Dud still hasn't left, but it's okay cus Glen likes having him around. He left his job in guilt for the closed down restaurant and became a cover teacher to pay the rent. Dudley dreams of owning a better restaurant... who's to say Glen's food know-how won't find it's way into new ears? 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spider concept art

This is the finished piece, I made the clock greener for a more realistic dusty light. Shadows in the rest of the clock draw more attention to the slice of light peaking out of the crack.  Also, it further defines the differences of what Spider is used to (dark) and what he isn't. (light of day)

life drawing

i like the way i drew the life model's legs here.. potentially showing progress in getting to grips with emphasised yet anatomically correct body parts.

sketchbook work continues