Skip to main content

James Henry design work:



 James Henry design work:

Ella is a small determined little mouse. The lucky type I'd expect to jump into puddles and come out completely dry. In the design process I thought big eyes with big ears would be a likely combo. Chipper little mice also need to use their tiny paws to keep a grasp on their scrolls and swords, so I gave her puffy paws in which to do such things. 

Overall I reckon my designs could suit their demographic more, with this show being aimed at young audiences, perhaps a design of simpler and easier means for ease of animation work flow would be better suited? Still, I confess myself proud of the above drawing as I managed to get a lot of character out of her stance and face! I'm slowly discovering how to draw each feature (through life-drawing) and it's exciting to see my sketches become better rounded and unique.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spider concept art

This is the finished piece, I made the clock greener for a more realistic dusty light. Shadows in the rest of the clock draw more attention to the slice of light peaking out of the crack.  Also, it further defines the differences of what Spider is used to (dark) and what he isn't. (light of day)

life drawing

i like the way i drew the life model's legs here.. potentially showing progress in getting to grips with emphasised yet anatomically correct body parts.

sketchbook work continues